It’s getting cold ://
But you know what that means?!! All the kinds of hot chocolates :D!!
Hot chocolate has got to be my favorite warm beverage apart from pumpkin spice lattes but I’ll leave the latter to Starbucks.
I saw this recipe on facebook the other day and I thought to definitely try it out. It sounded really gross at first but it started growing on me. I really like warm, creamy alcoholic beverages so I’m glad I gave this a shot.
I used Jason Triggs merlot which is full-bodied and a little fruity.
I actually really enjoyed making this and better yet drinking it. There is a wine-y after taste and it’s very rich and thick! Kinda like you’re drinking the chocolate founting at Aunt Gilda’s wedding but with a little bit of mmmph! I would definitely make this again.
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup red wine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients (except salt and vanilla extract) in a pot over medium heat and stir occassionaly till it’s all melted and even
- Remove from heat and add in salt and vanilla extract. Pour in mugs and enjoy 🙂
*If you don’t like how thick this is, you can thin it out with 1/2 a cup of milk and 1/2 a cup of red wine 🙂
Let me know what you think!