Is it fall yet? Cuz it sure feels like it!
Fall is my favorite season and from now on in my household, I declare it fall! That means more cuddles, tea with most meals and deserts best served warm-like my apple cinnamon cake.
This cake is super fluffy and goes so well with ice cream! Let me know if you try this recipe! 🙂 Enjoy.
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 apples peeled, cored and chopped
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract, (optional)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or cake flour)
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the apples and toss making sure the apples are coated with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until it’s all combined. Add the vanilla and almond extract and mix until combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Make sure it’s all combined.
- Pour in half of the batter into the baking pan; then top with a layer of the apple mixture and press gently into the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer and the top it off with the remaining apple mixture and gently press in.
- Bake for 54 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool and serve (best when it’s warm)