Hey hey! So I have accepted the fact that who I am now is a person who posts like barely once a month. You should accept it too. :p
But ANYWAYS, I made creme brulee and I am in love with myself. I took the day off from work and now I’m treating yourself. Mental break days are the best.
Creme Brulee is probably one of the easiest desserts to make, it’s pretty impressive and it’s always “just enough”. I also don’t know anyone who doesn’t like creme brulee.
I don’t have ramekins but I have these little mason jars I got from a desert store that also had creme brulee in them once upon a time so I’m using them.
So with that, here’s the recipe:
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (one tablespoon for each serving)
- Whisk all the ingredients (except the 2 tbs sugar) together in a medium sized bowl
- Sieve the mixture into two ramekins, baby mason jars or mugs
- Cover each ramekin with foil and place in a pot of boiling water with a lid and steam for 15 minutes
- Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours
- Gently drain the creme brulees and dab the tops with paper towel so it’s not very wet
- Sprinkle a table spoon of sugar on each creme brulee and use a torch to burn till it turns a deep amber. (if you don’t have a torch, use a spoon heated over a stove and press onto the sugar).
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (when the crust hardens).
- Serve cold and enjoy.