Hello everyone! Happy hump day 🙂
So I have exciting news! Today is the last day of classes for my fourth year at Queen’s University. I am absolutely excited and a little bit scared to be done but it’s about time. My time at Queen’s was amazing and I would not trade it for anything. I have had amazing moments and important life lessons learned over the past four years.
Anyways, so I came home early from one of my classes today and had a massive headache but I also wanted to celebrate my last day of classes. I won’t be able to celebrate tonight because I’m performing a show so this is the only time I can unwind. I heard somewhere that chocolate helps your headaches so I thought “why not kill two birds with one stone?” So I decided to make a celebration treat that also contained chocolate for that headache of mine. I bought some white chocolate bars a few weeks back and haven’t eaten them and had twix bars so I knew what I HAD to do. BAKE!
Luckily, I found graham cracker crumbs just sitting on top of my fridge (I feel like they have been there forever). Tis the life of a food lover/ food blogger.
Anyways, I got to mixing the butter and graham crackers and topped that off with broken off twix bars. It was hard not to eat these while placing them.
The rest is history! They turned out super yummy. I guess these are more like blondies rather than brownies. But they are moist on the inside. You can eat them warm or wait for them to cool down. There’s a lot of melty caramel from the twix bars. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
1.5 cups graham crackers crumbs
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup unsalted butter, chopped
200 gram white chocolate, pieces
150 gram Twix bars
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup plain flour
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper with a bit of an overhang.
- Mix in the melted butter with the graham crumbs in a bowl until sticky. Place this mixture into the baking pan and press until you have an even layer. Place in fridge
- Place chopped butter in a heatproof bowl with the white chocolate and place bowl over a medium saucepan with water. Don’t let the bowl touch the water. Place the saucepan on the stove over medium heat and stir the butter and chocolate. When completely melted, remove the bowl from heat and leave to cool.
- While the chocolate is cooling, pull out the crust from the fridge and line the Twix bars on top of the crust then put it back in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C).
- Add sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat till combined. Add in the eggs one at a time and beat. When even, add in the flour and mix till it’s smooth. Pour this mixture over the Twix bars and crust. Bake for 1 hour