It’s my favorite time of the year! National Pizza Day!!!!!
I’m celebrating by making my own homemade pizza. It turned out so good and I don’t mean to toot my own horn but I don’t think I will be ordering pizza ever again.
Here’s the recipe:
2.25 teaspoon dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 table spoons butter
1 table spoon vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion
1.75 cup diced tomatos
¾ cups of water
½ teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand until creamy. About 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and butter till you get an even mixture. Add in the yeast mixture. Knead the dough till it is elastic. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Oil a large bowl and place the dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place till it doubles in size. This should take about 45 minutes
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and sauté onions till tender. Stir in the diced tomatos and the rest of the sauce ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Divide dough in half and spread onto pizza pans (a rectangle pan will work fine). Cover dough with sauce and add desired toppings (I am using ground beef, pepper, mushrooms, bacon and cheese). Bake at 400F (205C) for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Hope you enjoy! How did you celebrate National Pizza Day? Did you order in? Did you get pre-made dough and make your sauce? Let me know below in the comments 🙂